AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE



I jumped off my bed turning off my bed alarm clock which had been ringing endlessly. I checked the time, gosh!,its 7:35am already.Scrambling to my feet, I rushed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take my bath. As the cold water from the shower hit me, I realized I did not bother to warm my bathing  water. This was my first day at work as a Pharmacist and am already late. I hurriedly dressed  up in 5 minutes (which usually would have taken 30-45 minutes). Ignoring my breakfast, I rushed to the hospital to attend to my patients. On approaching the Casualty section of the hospital, I saw groups of people outside, women sighing and men shaking their head. I decided to enter the casualty wards and then I saw two lifeless bodies covered in white cloth. As I looked down at the left wing I saw a young girl probably in her 20's surrounded by a team of medical doctors. She was struggling to breath as the doctors tried to resuscitate her. The  patient is gone, I heard one of the doctors say. What could have happened, I wondered I hurriedly left the ward for the Pharmacy section lost in deep thoughts. After some minutes, I bowed my head and thanked  God for my life.  I realized that I have been blessed more than i deserve.

Most times, we grumble about a lot of things;  I am not married yet, I do not have a job, I am ugly, my job is stressful, I am fat...We forget that some people somewhere are battling for their lives. If only I can be given another chance at life, some of them will wish. Consider those countries which have been ravaged by war where malnutrition, sickness and countless deaths are the order of the day.
Is this not enough reason to be grateful for your life.
We should always remember that a thankful heart, a genuine gratitude and a joyous heart is one true key to happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MUSING OF A PHARMACIST II

‘Are all these medicines necessary? A case for deprescribing in the elderly.