DRUNK IN LOVE : Could it be?

By Ottih Ifunanya

As I listened to Beyonce's song,  drunk in love, many questions popped into my head. What could this possibly mean?, Can one truly be drunk in love?, Is it a good or bad sign especially when it is one sided. As these questions waved through my mind, I remembered one of my friends, Efe in the University. Could she had been drunk in love? Efe had been in a relationship with Chuks for 6 years. During the first few years, their love was magical, it was like a match made in heaven. "I hope to be like you in future o", I will always tell her and she will beam with smile.Efe was madly in love with Chuks that she had to move in with him and became his 'live in lover'. Precisely 4 years later, Efe came to my room crying and looking dishevelled. My heart jumped into my stomach as I thought she was attacked by armed robbers. "What is wrong?", I asked. I am pregnant", she almost screamed. Congratulations!!! I said, heaving a sigh of relief. I definitely knew Chuks was responsible. He asked me to abort it AGAIN. Amidst tears, she told me that this was going to be her fourth abortion. I got really mad with anger when I heard his excuses.."My  father is a knight of the church, I want to complete my building, It will be a disgrace to my family if i have a baby before wedlock.....blah blah blah!.Efe insisted on an abortion claiming she loved him and would do anything for him. Two years after this incident, Efe's so called became another woman's husband. The rest is history as we can rightly guess.

This kind of story may be familiar to many of us. Then I asked myself, was my friend charmed or is this a case of being drunk in love. If so, then this is a bad case if being drunk in love. Perhaps, there is a good side, I reasoned because for every negative side , there must be a positive or what do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE MUSING OF A PHARMACIST II

‘Are all these medicines necessary? A case for deprescribing in the elderly.